Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe® enterprise. Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).
This course is based on version 5.0 of SAFe®.
What You Will Learn
On completion of the workshop, you will learn to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (3 Days)
- 15 PDUs and 15 SEUs
- Attendee Workbook
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One-year membership with Scaled Agile
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
While there are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop, it is recommended that those who want to give the exam hold one or more of these credentials:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body). with the ability to take the exam
- Exam name– SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Release Train Engineer course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 60
- Passing score– 44 out of 60 (73% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community. Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer PDF certificate
- SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe® journey