In this three-day workshop, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
This course is based on version 5.0 of SAFe®.
What You Will Learn
On completion of the workshop, you will learn to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (3 Days)
- 3 – 18 PDUs and SEUs
- Attendee Workbook
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One-year membership with Scaled Agile
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
While there are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop, it is recommended that you have:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body). with the ability to take the exam
- Exam name– SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Management Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 60
- Passing score– 42 out of 60 (70% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community. Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Management PDF certificate
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Management digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe® journey