Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe 5 Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
This course is based on version 5.0 of SAFe®.
What You Will Learn
On completion of the workshop, you will learn to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days)
- 4 – 15 PDUs and SEUs
- Attendee Workbook
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® for Architects Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One-year membership with Scaled Agile
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body). with the ability to take the exam
- Exam name– SAFe® 5 for Architects Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® for Architects course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 60
- Passing score– 45 out of 60 (75% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community.
Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe® 5 for Architects PDF certificate
- SAFe® 5 for Architects digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe® journey