The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality.
During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe® Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
This course is based on version 5.0 of SAFe®.
What You Will Learn
On completion of the workshop, you will learn to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days)
- 4-12 PDUs and SEUs
- Attendee Workbook
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® Agile Software Engineer Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One-year membership with Scaled Agile
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
While there are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop, it is recommended that those who want to give the exam hold one or more of these credentials:
- Understanding of SAFe® for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body) with the ability to take the exam.
- Exam name– SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Agile Software Engineer course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 60
- Passing score– 42 out of 60 (70% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community.
Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe® Agile Software Engineer PDF certificate
- SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe® journey