With a workshop that has been designed to offer maximum learning benefit, participants will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box giving them the confidence to handle real-world scenarios.
Our 2-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
This course is based on version 5.0 of SAFe®.
What You Will Learn
On completion of the workshop you will learn to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days)
- 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
- Downloadable e-book
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® Agilist Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One-year membership with Scaled Agile
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
While there are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop, it is recommended that those who want to give the exam hold one or more of these credentials:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM)
- Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
- Professional Scrum MasterTM (PSM)
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body). with the ability to take the exam
- Exam name– SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 60
- Passing score– 42 out of 60 (70% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community.
Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master PDF certificate
- SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe® journey